Bipolar is a disease that affects the energy, mental health and habits of the people suffering from it. First of all keep yourself calm to know about what to do when someone with bipolar pushes you away. There are some symptoms of this disorder from which you can came to know that which person is suffering from this disorder. Those people who are suffering from this disease have different moods, sometime they are in a very serious mood and some time they are in normal mood. But you should be very careful while dealing with such people as it is not easy to understand their mood.
- Being delusional, having hallucinations and disturbed or illogical thinking
- Lack of appetite
- Difficulty sleeping
- Waking up early
- Suicidal thoughts
Here are the tips that what to do when someone with bipolar pushes you away. You should be careful while talking with someone suffering with bipolar. Follow these tips if your loved one is suffering from it.
- Don’t leave them alone: You feel pain when your loved one is suffering from this disorder. They may push you away as they feel that they are not in a good mental health. But you should not leave them alone in that situation. They need support and care so that they may get well soon.
- Encourage them for treatment: You should help them by finding the right treatment for them. If they are avoiding getting your help then you should console them and make them understand it is better for them. Some people hesitate in having mental health treatment, but you have to understand them that there is nothing bad in it. It’s good for them to cover soon.
- Have knowledge about bipolar disease: You should search everything about this disorder. When you know everything that what do in situations like mood changes then it would be easy for you to handle their mood swings episodes.
- Be in your boundaries: In some cases, your near and dear one suffering from this disorder may push you away from themselves to keep you safe their mood swing episodes. It is too difficult for them. You should try to understand why they are doing so instead of asking them the reason. You should stay away from them as they are already suffering a lot. And find out the right treatment for them.
- Pay attention: You should give them proper attention and take care of everything. Keep them away from the matters that affect their mental health. You have to realize them that you are their well-wisher. They don’t need to worry because of you.
You should get a proper treatment for those suffering from bipolar. Because if it is not treated at time situation may become worse and you can face its negative impacts on your health:
- Disturb normal sleeping
- Effects personal and professional life due to certain mood changes
- Can become a cause of some other chronic health conditions
Remember that bipolar disorder can be challenging for both the person experiencing it and their loved ones. With patience, understanding, and support and love, you can navigate these difficult moments and maintain a caring relationship when the person is ready to reconnect. If you ever feel overwhelmed or uncertain about how to handle the situation, consider seeking advice from a mental health professional.